Obsidian is a very stubborn and cunning Gem. She lacks faith in herself but does her best to stay strong in the face of danger for the sake of others.
Obsidian is a Gem with an average slender build and dark grey-toned skin. She has white, slightly-waved hair that is swirled to the side with her bangs covering the right-side of her face. She only has one eye which is a dull purple color.
She currently wears a sleeveless tunic composed of black and white. Over it she wears a short black jacket. It has a diamond-shaped opening to reveal her gemstone. Underneath she wears uneven black leggings with a black band around her left thigh. On her arms she wears a pair of black bands and black elbow gloves that cut-off at her fingers. For footwear, she wears knee-high black boots with white soles. Unlike past forms, her hair is now shorter and in a bun.
Obsidian possesses standard Gem abilities and traits.
- Fusing with Moonstone forms Chalcedony
- Fusing with Morganite forms Rubellite
- Fusing with Moonstone and Morganite forms Mystic Fire Topaz
- Sword Proficiency: Through a great amount of training, she can summon a sword made of white metal with the blade, handle, and end being made of an obsidian-like material.
- Dual Wielding: Like most Gems, Obsidian can summon multiples of her sword to wield.
- Energy Compression: She can compress energy into her blade to shoot out or slash at her target. It appears to be a black-purple flame.
- Martial Arts: Obsidian can also fight without her weapon in a style similar to Tae Kwon Do
- Terrakenesis: Obsidian possesses a good amount of control over sediment including normal soil, sand, and volcanic rock.
- Earthen Constructs: Similar to the Desert Glass and Lapis Lazuli she can make structures with her ability, though has no reason to do so - making it rare to see.
- Heat Resistance: Like Garnet, and even more so, Obsidian has an extreme amount of resistance to heat due to her nature as a volcanic glass.
- Thermoregulation: When Obsidian loses her cool, her body becomes extremely hot.
- She was the first Gem created by Lenhi and was originally their Gemsona.
- Obsidian is thought to be a powerful stone that can offer protection against negativity.
- Fitting for the fact she betrayed Homeworld for the sake of organic life.
- It is sometimes called "the stone of truth" because it encourages the surfacing of secrets and hidden emotions.
- Additionally, obsidian is also thought to be a balancing and grounding stone.
- Centuries ago, black obsidian mirrors were used to contact the spirit world, and it is thought to be useful in resolving issues related to past lives.
- Obsidian is also considered to be particularly useful for those suffering from depression or addiction.
|Obsidian's gemstone is located in the center of her lower-chest area. It is in a circular shape and is smooth with no facets. It has a white ring around the edge and has a flatter bottom.|
- The following artwork is either outdated or no longer in use.