Dumortierite is a tall gem, standing at 6"3. She has charcoal grey skin and dark navy blue dreadlocks that are put up in a bun. Some of her hair falls out of the bun, so I suppose one could call it a messy bun. : ^ )
She wears a long and thick black trench-coat with a fluffy dress or skirt underneath. For shoes, she wears black go-go boots.
Dumortierite doesn't believe in much. She doesn't dream big, or else she thinks she'd get her hopes up. Dumortierite is slightly depressed and moody. She is quiet and occasionally jokes around with people.
All Gems have various powers, including the ability to invoke a weapon, change shape, and strength, agility, speed, and skill beyond human capabilities. They can also take refuge in their gems after being wounded to heal.
- Hammer Proficiency: Her use of the war hammer is methodical in approach. She uses precise, keen strikes on specific areas to inflict the most damage while also reducing the amount of effort needed to take down a structure or opponent. She describes herself, and therefore her style of combat, as "rough, hard-hitting, accurate, controlled, surgical, and powerful!". She sometime switches to the grenade launcher form for ranged strikes on her opponent. In its ranged form, the face of the launcher can unhinge, revealing six grenades that can be fired at once for maximum damage.
- Wing Manifestation: Dumortierite is able to manifest wings that grow or are attached to the body allowing flight. She may also protect from rear attacks or detach and re-grow for quick getaways.
- Hyalokinetic Combat: Dumortierite can infuse glass materials into their physical attacks.
- I got some inspiration from My Life as a Teenage Robot and Danny Phantom to make this character.
- Dumortierite is used in making high quality porcelain
- Dumortierite has been used as imitation lapis lazuli and is sometimes mistaken for sodalite